top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

We can't wait to speak with you and answer all your questions about hosting your upcoming event at The Neon House!  Until then, here are answers to a few of our most commonly asked questions:

Q: How many hours do we have access to the venue on the day of our event?

For Friday & Saturday rentals, building access begins at 9:00 AM. For Sunday rentals, building access begins at 1:00 PM. For Monday - Thursday rentals, building access begins at 12;00 PM. All events must end no later than 11:00 PM. Clean up must be complete no later than 12:00 AM.


You will have the option to extend your usage of the space by the hour at a rate of $350 per hour based on availability.  


Q: Are tables and chairs included with the rental fee?

Yes, 200 Oakwood Crossback chairs & cushions are included, as well as an assortment of tables:


Sixty-inch round tables (seats 8-9 guests) 

Forty-eight inch rounds tables (sweetheart & cake)

Eight-foot banquets

 Six-foot banquets

Cocktail tables  


Q: When can we rehearse our ceremony?

We cannot guarantee rehearsal time the evening prior to your event for ceremonies, as we are booked for weddings

most weekends.  At the 30 day mark, we will send out an email to see if you are interested in a rehearsal. 

If you are, please email back and we will let you know what days and times we have available close to your event date. 


Q: Can we use any caterer we want?

You are required to use Chef by Design Catering Company for all food and beverage services at your event,

with the exception of specialty cakes.  The team at Chef by Design has years of catering experience, and in addition

to providing food and beverage services. They also manage all of your rentals and assist with design, floor plans

and all of your event management needs.

 Q: Can we set up the night before?

All set up and break down will need to take place during your contracted rental period.


Q: Can we bring our own alcohol?

Yes, for private, invitation only events you are legally permitted to provide your own alcohol. 

You must obtain a one-day Banquet License from Virginia ABC and provide a copy to your Catering representative

at least 7 days prior to your event.  The name of the ABC license must match that on the

rental agreement (this is an ABC law) so if you need to add someone, just let us know!

Per ABC regulations, any publicly advertised and/or ticketed events or any events with a cash bar

would require Chef by Design Catering Company to provide all alcoholic beverages.


Q: Will the tables and chairs be set up for us?

The catering team from Chef by Design will set all of your tables and chairs for your event.  If the client chooses to

use the same set of chairs in two different locations, which requires the chairs to be moved from one location to another, 

additional labor fees will apply.


Q: When do I receive keys to the building?  Who will lock up at closing?

No keys to the building will be exchanged. We will have a Neon House representative on site to open the facility for you

on the day of your event. Evening events will also have security on site for the duration of the event

and they will secure the building at the end of the evening.  


Q: Is valet service required?

Valet service is required for any events with 100 guests or more. For events not requiring valet, parking at nearby lots

can be negotiated  on your behalf by The Neon House with the City of Norfolk. Valet services must be

coordinated by The Neon House and will be invoiced separately from your rental agreement. 

Q: What time does valet service begin?  

Valet service for your guests will begin 1 hour prior to your scheduled event time.  Any friends, family or guests 

that arrive before valet service begins should park in the gravel lot attached to the building if space permits. 

Keys should be given to the event manager on-site so that vehicles can be moved when valet arrives. 



Q: Am I required to have any insurance for my event?

The Neon House requires that the Client obtain a certificate of insurance that identifies Neon House, Inc. as an

additional insured party and provides at least $1 million in general liability coverage for the date(s) of event. 

If serving alcohol, it must also include liquor liability coverage.

Q: Are candles allowed?

Candles are allowed if contained in a glass vase taller than the flame.

bottom of page